Cooper Tire & Rubber Company (NYSE: CTB) is the parent company of a global family of companies that specializes in the design, manufacture, marketing and sale of passenger car, light truck, medium truck, motorcycle and racing tires. Cooper’s headquarters is in Findlay, Ohio, with manufacturing, sales, distribution, technical and design operations within its family of companies located in more than one dozen countries around the world.
Cooper is primarily focused on the replacement tire market and is:
• One of two major consumer tire companies headquartered in the United States
• The fifth largest tire manufacturer in North America
• The 12th largest global tire manufacturer with sales of $2.92 billion in 2016
Cooper has a significant position in the United States, which is the world’s largest tire market, as well as a growing position in emerging markets such as Asia and Latin America. The company has a strong, flexible global manufacturing footprint and efficient near-source supply strategy where the majority of products sold in a region are produced in that region. The Cooper global family of companies employs more than 10,400 around the world.
Cooper is highly confident in the strength of the company’s business model, which has been significantly strengthened and continues to be enhanced through the following:
• Product mix improvement
• Improved technical capabilities with enhanced speed to market of exciting new products
• Continued leveraging our global manufacturing footprint and near-sourcing strategy
• Growth in emerging markets such as expansion into the original equipment (OE) market in Asia and
broader market penetration in Latin America
• Operational excellence
• Growth of our truck and bus radial (TBR) tire business
As of February 2017, Cooper has declared dividends for 180 consecutive quarters.
Cooper’s key strategic imperatives are:
• Developing a competitive cost structure and improve profitability
• Driving topline profitable growth
• Building organizational capabilities